last updated 6.23.17
Position Title: Production & Events Manager
Brooklyn Youth Chorus is seeking a full-time Production and Events Manager to join our vibrant, vital team at our headquarters in Brooklyn. The ideal candidate will be a mission-focused, highly organized and detail-oriented leader who will manage and execute all self-produced and contracted performances as well as internal events and concert tours.
- Manage and execute all self-produced performances at venues such as Brooklyn Academy of Music, National Sawdust, and WQXR’s The Greene Space
- Coordinate and execute 15-20 contracted performances a year, such as New York Philharmonic, St Ann’s Warehouse and The Juilliard School
- Produce all in-house events, such as the holiday and spring concerts for the families of 650 choristers, fundraising galas, and cultivation events
- Plan, organize, and execute domestic and international tours for Chorus performance ensembles. This includes travel, housing, meals, and all production elements. Past tour locations include: London, The Netherlands, Chicago, and Washington D.C.
- Hire, contract, and manage vendors, venues, event consultants, temporary staff, and volunteers
- Monitor program budgets and ensure that expenses adhere to estimated budgets
- Line produce and coordinate all aspects of album recordings
- Field all incoming inquiries for contracted performances, recording opportunities and tours
- Negotiate contracts with composers, musicians, venues, caterers, and rental companies; ensure all deliverables are met on time
- Work closely with Marketing, Development and Finance teams to ensure successful execution of all events
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Brooklyn Youth Chorus and be driven by the mission.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 year’s experience in production and event planning
- Understanding of performing arts and nonprofit organizations
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and experience in working independently, in collaboration, and ability to multi-tasking, prioritizing and, executing multiple projects
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and at least two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production/Events Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please. EOE.