last updated 9.20.17
Full-Time Annual Fund and Special Events Manager
Brooklyn Youth Chorus seeks an Annual Fund & Special Events Manager to join its growing development team as the Chorus reaps the benefits of a groundbreaking 25th Anniversary season and enters the public phase of a $3 million-dollar capacity-building campaign. This full-time position reports to the Director of Development (DOD). The Annual Fund and Special Events manager will be responsible for an array of day-to-day development operations including management of the Annual Fund and the logistics surrounding the organization’s Spring Gala, house parties, and other development events (Kickstarter, sing-a-thon, etc.).
- Manage the Annual Fund
- Design and implement a comprehensive Annual Fund campaign. This includes multi-letter direct mail campaigns, phone solicitations, Kickstarter campaigns, digital communications, and individual outreach.
- Work closely with the DOD to manage a portfolio of existing, dormant, and prospective donors with the goal of securing first time gifts, moving current donors up in class, and reactivating dormant donors.
- Coordinate all solicitation efforts, including writing solicitation letters, creation of collateral materials, and pledge reminders.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications Manager and provide content for the annual Newsletter and fundraising e-blasts, in addition to regularly updating related content for the website.
- Manage the Annual Spring Gala and other special events
- Work closely with the DOD to strategize, plan and execute the Chorus’s Annual Spring Gala.
- Spearhead the planning and implementation of recognition/cultivation events for major donors/prospects, as well as other 3-5 BYC special events including the gala kick-off party, pre- or post-concert receptions, board dinners, fundraising house parties, parent parties, and other.
- Work with gala co-chairs to build gala committee and activate its members, as well as the entire board of directors
- Lead creation and distribution of all event communications, including Save the Date and invitations and coordinate proper follow up
- Other Activities
- Help manage day-to-day operations of the Development department
- Work with the DOD and Board Development Committee to develop annual strategic objectives and goals for individual giving.
- Provide informed and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts. Help maintain accurate information in the donor database.
- Attend and assist with Brooklyn Youth Chorus events
- 5 years non-profit experience in fundraising/development
- Familiarity with Annual Fund campaigns and demonstrated ability to meet fundraising goals
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Strong sense of accountability
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, multi-task, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Significant experience in event planning
- Ability to demonstrate thoughtfulness and attention to donors year-round through personalized contact as appropriate
- Experience with databases (FileMaker Pro, Raiser’s Edge) a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and judgment. Ability professionally represent BYC internally and publicly; develop and maintain effective relationships with donors, committee members, prospects, and the BYC community
- Proven ability to work well within a team and independently
- A sense of humor and collaborative spirit
- Familiarity with the Brooklyn Youth Chorus philanthropic community a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits offered, including generous vacation package, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and two relevant writing samples to resume@brooklynyouthchorus.