Cross-Choral TrainingⓇ Weekend Intensive
Professional Learning in Vocal & Musicianship Pedagogy
For Vocal Music Educators of all levels including Choral Conductors, Voice Teachers, Teaching Artists, and School Music Teachers
Thank you all for joining us this year! Join our email list to learn about upcoming workshops.
Reinvigorate your teaching and lead your singers to the next level of vocal development and musical independence.
Hailed by The New York Times as “a remarkable choral director,” Dianne Berkun Menaker presents Cross-Choral Training® her proven program of vocal and musicianship pedagogy that has led the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Youth Chorus to be the chorus of choice for top orchestras and recording artists worldwide.
Tiered for elementary through advanced high school and community choruses, Cross-Choral Training® is built on two foundational pillars:
- Vocal Training: Functional voice training pedagogy for healthy, authentic singing across a range of musical styles
- Musicianship: Music literacy and sight-singing approaches based on experiential and sequential learning
Join the Cross-Choral Training® learning community, February 10-11, for two full days of interactive discussions, demonstrations, and performances by Brooklyn Youth Chorus ensembles. Each Intensive covers the following topics:
- Cross-Choral Training® Philosophy and Principles
- Voice Training Fundamentals
- Vocal Function: Breath Management, Laryngeal Registration, and Vowel Sound Resonance
- Developing Vocal Exercises
- Varying Vocal Adjustments Across Musical Styles
- Musicianship Approaches
- Sight-Singing and Ear Training Skill Development
- Creating Repertoire-Based Exercises
Whether you are new to Cross-Choral Training or want to deepen your experience with this rich pedagogy, there is something new for music educators of every variety and level.
Here’s what past Cross-Choral Training participants have said…
“It surpasses every music workshop I have ever attended.”
“I very much enjoyed the workshop and was immediately able to incorporate your ideas during my chorus rehearsals. I’m already hearing and seeing a difference in my students. “
“It is by far the most practical and applicable workshop I have taken in many years.”
“I came away with both big over-arching ideas as well as concrete techniques I can try on myself and my students.”
“I learned strategies to cover material in a way that develops the entire musician, bit by bit.”
“I would recommend this workshop in a heartbeat! This workshop is taught by professionals with a passion for music and children, who teach it in a relaxed, welcoming and extremely informational and practical format.”