Please donate to Brooklyn Youth Chorus today!
“When children sing together, they can live together. When our children sing together, it turns the question mark of uncertainty into an exclamation point: We are going to be all right!” said Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams about Brooklyn Youth Chorus.
We at Brooklyn Youth Chorus take pride in being a model of humanity—celebrating diversity in harmony and transforming lives through music.
Your contribution will support access to the highest level of music education and performance opportunities for a diverse group of hundreds of NYC children. You can take pride in what your gift will help us accomplish during our 25th Anniversary Season:
- Reach over 650 children from 72 zip codes;
- Award over $310,000 in financial aid to over 260 children for our core music program and elective classes, ensuring that all kids have the same opportunity to advance and succeed in the program;
- Continue serving children in low-income communities through our Neighborhood Expansion Program;
- Expand our outreach to NYC public schools with new free programs at IS 285 in East Flatbush and PS 1 in Sunset Park;
- Harness the power of our young people to be instruments of change—giving voice to those silenced or marginalized as our choristers bring narratives of racial, gender, and economic disparity to the stage—and create music that matters in our newest production, Silent Voices.
- Present outstanding performances at prestigious venues including the Greene Space, National Sawdust, the Florence Gould Theater, and BAM.
Most importantly, your contribution will be critical to bridge the gap between tuition and the cost of providing exceptional opportunities to a diverse group of choristers. Though our actual per-student cost is well over $3,500 per year, your gift will allow us to keep our tuition low or completely waived, so as to guarantee that no child is ever turned away because of a family’s inability to pay.DONATE TODAY
Mary Anne Yancey Memorial Fund
Brooklyn Youth Chorus has established the Mary Anne Yancey Memorial Fund to honor the memory of one of our staunchest advocates and greatest benefactors.
Mary Anne passed away on October 25, 2013. During her 11-year tenure on the Chorus’s Board of Directors, she guided us through unprecedented growth and achievement, increasing outreach to underserved communities and strengthening the artistic vision of the Chorus.
In honor of Mary Anne, the Chorus has established the Mary Anne Yancey Memorial Fund to aid two programs that were especially dear to her heart: elective scholarships for low-income students of promise, and the Chorus’s growing commissioning program. Gifts to the fund will be applied directly to one of these two initiatives to honor Mary Anne’s commitment to these causes.
We are proud to honor her memory with this fund, which will allow us to carry on her incredible dedication to our mission and programs. To learn more about Mary Anne Yancey and her extraordinary contributions to our organization, please click here.
Make an online donation today and designate your gift towards the Mary Anne Yancey Memorial Fund.DONATE TODAY
To send a donation by mail, please send a check payable to Brooklyn Youth Chorus Academy, Inc. to:
Brooklyn Youth Chorus
Mary Anne Yancey Memorial Fund
179 Pacific Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Brooklyn Youth Chorus is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) organization governed by a volunteer board of trustees. Roughly 75% of our operating budget is generated by foundation and corporate grants and government support and individual donations.